I am a leading Accredited Executive Coach, former lawyer and banker, as well as a successful entrepreneur. Most importantly I help my clients achieve success on their own terms.
I believe that change is always possible.
Each of us can be happy at work, perform at our best and create a life we love. Every workplace has the potential to be inspiring and inclusive. My entire career is dedicated to helping people understand how the beliefs we hold and the environments in which we operate can trigger behaviour that may hold us back. Through simple and practical advice, I then help implement and sustain positive change on both an individual and company level.
A highly experienced Accredited Executive Coach (Association for Coaching), I am passionate about diversity, happiness and authenticity at work. I successfully started and sold my stake in the game-changing careers platform, The Step Up Club: ‘the ONLY voice to listen to on women’s careers’.
My practical experience is backed up by my Masters in Organisational Behaviour (Career Management and Coaching) from Birkbeck, University of London (Merit). I am also an Accredited MBTI and NEO PI-R practitioner. My book, Step Up: Confidence, Success and Your Stellar Career in 10 Minutes a Day was published by Ebury (Random House) in 2016.
I have extensive media experience, as a commentator and columnist across many of the UK’s broadsheets and glossies. I have hosted a successful podcast – The Success Revolution – and appeared as a guest on numerous podcasts and radio shows.
Before qualifying as a coach, I worked as an international finance lawyer in London and New York. I then moved to become a fund manager on JPMorgan’s flagship European Equity Fund desk, passing all three levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification. My first degree was in Modern Languages (French and German) from Oriel College, Oxford. I am a bilingual French and English speaker, able to deliver coaching in both languages.
Me at a glance
- Accredited Executive Coach with The Association for Coaching.
- Masters in Organisational Behaviour (Career Management and Counselling) from Birkbeck, University of London.
- Successful start-up Founder, recently exited The Step Up Club.
- City background as an Equity Fund Manager at JPMorgan and Finance Lawyer at Slaughter & May and Linklaters.
- Best-selling Author of Step Up (Random House, 2016).
- Highly experienced keynote and event speaker.
- Deep expertise in leadership, performance and success coaching with well over 500 coaching hours.
- Expert trainer: innovative design and engaging delivery.
- Oxford University Graduate.
- Bilingual French speaker able to coach and train in both English and French.
what clients say
“Phanella has a wonderful approach to coaching and my sessions with her have radically changed the way I think about myself and my career… She seemed to have an almost magical ability to read my mind and completely understood the challenges I was facing in my industry at the time. She helped me identify what I really wanted from current and future jobs and injected a necessary amount of perspective into the options on the table. Thanks to Phanella I have a compass of strengths, values and priorities that I can turn to at any future fork in the road. I would heartily recommend her as a coach.”
Maggie Lakin, Lawyer